Signed in as:
Signed in as:
TOP 10 FRUIT TREES FOR YEAR ROUND FRUIT
Best Fruit Trees for San Diego FEBRUARY 19, 2015 NALANI
Try the below list of fruits for a healthier happier lifestyle. These fruit trees have been selected for their nutritional value, productivity, and heartiness, and work best in warm locations.
1. Tropical Guava: very hearty tree bearing 2-3 crops a year. Fruit is versatile and may be used for fresh eating, jellies, juice, or dried. Extremely high Vitamin C count. Soothing to the stomach. Winter, Summer, Spring Harvest.
2.Minnie Royal and Royal Lee Cherry: These sister trees boast white blossoms followed by loads of bright red to deep purple fruits. Deciduous Stone fruit Cherries are Bing quality but with the added advantage of coming in April instead of June/July. Spring Harvest
3. Anna Apple: This apple tree is a longtime California favorite with two crops per year and is a great pollinator for many other apple varieties. Fruit may be eaten fresh or used for baking. Spring and Fall Harvest.
4. Red Baron Peach: A delicious mid-summer peach with the most intense electric red blooms. Super yummy yellow peach. Summer Harvest.
5. Mango: Mango is easy to grow with well draining soil, and lots of heat. Mango is delicious and packed with nutrition. Can be used in all cooking dishes, smoothies, fresh eating, juice, or dried. Summer Harvest.
6. Avocado: Although this tree can be fussy when young, Avocado is pretty much a must have in sunny SoCal. Used for everything from ice cream to guac, Avocado has all the good fats your body needs and lots of Vit K for hair and nails. Long harvest period of up to 8 months. Spring/Summer/Fall Harvest.
7. Pomegranate: Pome is tough as nails, drought tolerant, and extremely good for you. Beautiful colors and fast growing tree. Fall Harvest.
8. Pluot: Pluot is a hybrid fruit created from one quarter apricot and three quarters plum. This combination has produced an amazingly delicious, juicy colorful fruit that everyone who tries it loves. This is a highly productive mid summer fruit and may be pollinated by any plum. colors range from bright green to orange, red speckles over deep purple to yellow. Many different varieties exist including, Emerald Drop, Flavor Grenade, and Splash. Summer Harvest.
9. Strawberry Guava: Strawberry guava is a small bushy tree creating 2-3 crops per year of delicious, easy to pick fruits. these fruits are mini round guavas that range from bright red to dark purple and are loaded with Vitamin c and Antioxidents. Perfect for kids to pick and eat or try them in smoothies, jellies, or juices.
10. Seckel Pear: The Seckel Pear is by all definitions a kids sugar pear. Mini fat bottomed little pear is deep red in color, and fits perfectly in a kids hand. Best of all is its delicious spicy taste, juicy flesh, and extreme sweetness which everyone loves.
About the Author: Nalani is a fruit tree specialist living and working in San Diego. She provides a range of services to the community including Home Consultation, Diagnosis of pests and diseases on fruit trees and veggies, correction of nutritional deficiencies in the soil and in the individual tree, Pruning, Organic spray applications, garden planning, and organic fertilizers and nutrients for sale.
collage of fruit